
A little later in the day we had a scare! Jaden tried to help daddy steer without asking daddy first in a tight place between a fence and a ditch. The tractor hit the fence and then the back tire slipped into the ditch. Blessedly Thomas was able to get Jaden off before it began to slide down into the gulch. Thomas also was able to get off before it slid and nearly tipped over. SO SCARY! Thomas had to dig it out with the skidsteer and then I had to pull it out with the skidsteer blind--looking only at Thomas' signals as he guided me down into the trench to the tractor and then out again after we hooked it up. I thought for sure I just might tip over myself...but Thomas assured me he would never put me in such danger. We feel very blessed that no harm came from it all. Miss Edna Ruth heard about it (community gossip FLIES in our farm community) and appeared an hour later. She grabbed little Jaden and gave him a BIG squeeze and then asked, "Where's Thomas....I'm gonna fuss at 'im". Thomas happened to walk into the house and she told him, "you come 'ere! You jus' bend o'er my knee. I'm gonna spank you!" She told him he should never let Jaden bushhog with him. She is in her late 70's and such a firecracker. After chewing him out "real good-like" she gave Jaden another hug and a bunch of candy canes and went on her way. Thomas escaped the spankin' and we all feel so grateful we escaped serious injury as well.



1 comment:
Man...Hills are a scary thing....Iam glad he is fine...love the old flies..I mean lady! Ha!
Post a Comment